Sunday, July 19, 2009

Father's Day


We celebrated Father's Day one week early because the kids in I would be in Utah for the actual day. The kids each made Dean a cute card and Dean was surprised, he didn't know we were celebrating. Danielle had helped me pick out some plaid shorts for Dad. She is concerned about his fashion. You can see from the picture that Brinley was excited to tell Dad what the present was. I love watching Dean with the kids, it brings me joy that heals and lifts me up to new heights. I don't do a lot of things real well, but I did find a great dad for my kids. I hope they know what it means to have a father like him. He cares so much and loves so much and will never stop. They deserve it. Every kid does, and I am so grateful that they have a father like Dean, a blessing that will give and give their whole lives. Now I just want my girls to find a good dad for their kids. Ya, I know, one step at a time.

4 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

That is terrific. How grateful we are for these great men that are the fathers of our lucky children. But I have to disagree about you not doing many things well. You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met. I want to be just like you! Your kids are just as lucky to have you for a mom.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Dean is awesome, and you are a fantastic mom!! Your kids are lucky to have you both!

Amy H. said...

Oh Dayners - only someone who would someday make a great mom would find such a great dad-to-be for her kids. I loved this post! (And I worry, too, that my girls will not find a man like their father to marry and have kids with. I worry that they will take their dad's greatness for granted - so I TOTALLY get what you mean. If I make Drew marry Annie, at least we'll get one well-raised boy for my girls! hehehe)

Cutey said...

What a Great Family!

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California