Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Danielle's Birthday 11/17/09


Make a wish! This was the Saturday before Danielle's birthday. She wanted a mom and me day for part of her birthday. So, after her game we took off! We went to Target first to look around and she decided she wanted to spend her birthday money on clothes. So, we went to Old Navy and found some cute stuff there. While we were there, we got some flip flops so that we could get a pedicure and not mess up the polish after.For the pedicure, the ladies there were hard to understand and we didn't realize what setting on the massage chair we were saying yes to. Let's just say every time I looked over at Danielle, she was moving up and down. We had a good laugh about that. We went to Island's restaurant to eat dinner after, and walked around the mall for a bit. We stopped at the Cinnabon on our way out. It was such a fun day, Danielle is such a great person to have fun with. I hope we have many more mom and me days ahead.
On her actual birthday, we had the Dean family come over for Danielle's favorite dinner, fried rice and her favorite cake, cookies and cream ice cream cake. It was fun for everyone.


Then we opened the loot! One of the many cute things the Deans gave her was her own Dr. Pepper, a love she shares with her mother. She was very excited about that.
She liked the vans shoes and hat that she got from us. We had to throw her off a little bit because Brinley told her the Friday night before that her big present was a desk. Thank goodness Bailey told us what Brinley said, she was spending the night that night and we were in the other room! Anyway, we debated at that point whether we should get her the desk or not. But she needs one so bad, that we decided we better. By then it was too late to drive out to Ikea and get it. So, we told her that she was not getting one after all. She was so sad, which confirmed that she still really wanted one, in addition to needing one. So, I printed out a picture of the desk and attached it to her birthday card. Kind of lame, but we will get it soon, and that will be like a whole other day! We love you Danielle. We love your leadership skills, your example, your knowledge, your strength (physical, mental and spiritual) and we love your fun, loving, positive personality. Thanks for 11 years!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Holy cow! I can't believe Danielle is 11! I remember when she moved in and she was 6. And we just had little Lauren and Danielle seemed old to me even then! Now Lauren is almost six! Crazy. It seems like Danielle is turning out to be such a cool girl. I'm glad you two have so much fun. Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

Rachel said...

I meant to say, I remember when WE moved in, but you probably caught that :)

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California