Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving weekend was a blast! My sister Amber and her family came down with their kids and stayed with us from Wed afternoon to Sunday morning. It was a great time and we made a lot of great memories. Wed we had ribs and just hung out enjoying each other's company. The kids have so much fun together. They are all so bonded. I could watch and listen for hours. It makes me feel great just being a spectator. I am so grateful my kids have this kind of relationship with their cousins.
Thursday was Thanksgiving and I went to run the Turkey Trot that morning. So, Paul took over the turkey and made the pies while I was gone. Dean came and took pictures of me at the end of the race. I was so thankful for my running partner and dear, dear friend Jenie that day. I am so grateful that we can run together during the week and run these races together. We had run in a online Nike 10K the month before, so I thought this race would be cake. But there was a lot more hills in this area of town than our neighborhood. I was huffing and puffing towards the end. We got 18 and 19th in the 30-39 division. Pretty good. We had about an 8 minute mile. It is all so much more fun and more special with a great running partner and friend. There were a lot of our other friends from the ward there too, so it made it even more fun. My next door neighbor was there as well. It felt like such a community and it is all for the local homeless shelter.

We had a flag football game and a kickball game at the local park before we ate. Our Turkey Bowl is a family tradition. Everyone plays, which is why there are only pictures of the kickball game.

Friday we all went to eat at Red robin and then to see the movie, "The Blind Side." Everyone loved it. Later that night Danielle, Abbey, and the adults went to see "The Riverdance" dance concert at our local theatre. Oh my gosh! It was awesome. We loved it. When we came home we heard Brinley say as we walked in the door, "It's okay mom, everyone is asleep." The boys had all fallen asleep while they were supposed to be watching their little sisters, Zoie and Brinley. Too funny.
By the way, I had Drew's room all prepared for Abbey and Danielle, with Abbey sleeping in Drew's bed and Danielle sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor. But the first night I figured out that they all wanted to be together and threw all the blankets I could at them and went to bed. So, while the two little girls slept with their parents, the rest of the kids figured out how to share the two coaches, one lazy boy and the floor in the family room.

Saturday morning the Dads took the older kids shooting. We went to The Cheesecake Factory later that night. It killed us to see them drive away Sunday morning, but we were so thankful for the memories. This Thanksgiving will definitely go down as one of our favorites.
We tried to pick up our spirits and put up Christmas for the next few days. We do enjoy spending Christmas with just our own family though. The kids not so much, but Dean and I have enjoyed having this holiday to ourselves for the last three years :)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California