Friday, January 1, 2010

Pre-Christmas Festivities 2009

Danielle and Drew had wonderful Christmas parties planned by their teachers. Brinley accompanied me to both. It was a lot of fun. Drew's party had Christmas centers like cookie decorating and a Driedl (sp?) game. He was so cute to take Brinley with him to each center. I really like seeing the moms of these kids in his class. We have all been together since kindergarten.
Danielle's class put on a play that they had been working on. It was amazing to see that all 33 kids had their parts memorized. They did a great job. It was fun to see the moms in her class too: some I know as personal friends from church, some are neighbors, and some I just recently got to know at the science camp I went to with Danielle. At one point during the play, Brinley walked right up to Danielle's teacher's lap and sat down like she owned the place. It was a great day to send us off for Christmas vacation! I was just as excited as the kids.
The next night was the ward party. We had a great time. There was good food as you can see from Danielle's picture and love, peace and ahem, harmony? I think that right corner picture is of Brinley telling someone off, "Binniesque" style. Sigh. At least Drew was able to have fun with a fellow red-head in the ward.
Posted by Picasa
Here is Brinley's initial reaction to the news that Santa had entered the building while we were singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." Santa was great and took time with all the kids there, and there were a lot of kids there! The whole party really put us in the Christmas mood.

3 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Great pics! I loved it when Brinnie jumped on Mrs. Js lap like that. Such a cutie!

abbie said...

So I got your comment about the tubes... thanks! I have been wondering about that, actually. She hasn't reallly had "chronic" ear infections by any means, but I'm wondering if in some way, they are just bothering her in general. I'm curious if Danielle's gave her any problem with her speech and/or starting to talk.. I've read some about that connection and Olivia has not really started talking as much as other kids her age but it could be 1 of a million things at this age so who knows. You can email back if you want instead... abbiemckinnon at yahoo dot com. thanks!

TnD said...

How gorgeous is that pic on you and B. I mean really.

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California