I know that is such a cliche (sp?). But it has really been in the back of my mind this week. My cousin, Jake, passed away early yesterday morning at the age of 38. He was diagnosed 30 days ago with cancer. Only a fatal car wreck would have seemed faster. Our prayers are with his family...
And today, my youngest charge turned 4. I feel like if I don't stop running around and pay attention, I will miss it all. I feel like Brinley has not had the one-on-one time that Danielle and Drew had for their first 4 years. I am sad that I cannot have those 4 years back, however, I really do not want to repeat them. I know that makes no sense. We had a great party for Brinley last Sat, because Dean would miss it this week, but all the cameras are with Dean and that is where the pictures are. So, stay tuned.
And today, my youngest charge turned 4. I feel like if I don't stop running around and pay attention, I will miss it all. I feel like Brinley has not had the one-on-one time that Danielle and Drew had for their first 4 years. I am sad that I cannot have those 4 years back, however, I really do not want to repeat them. I know that makes no sense. We had a great party for Brinley last Sat, because Dean would miss it this week, but all the cameras are with Dean and that is where the pictures are. So, stay tuned.
I hope this coming year I can stop and enjoy time with Brinley more than I have been able to this past year. She is so fun and has such a vivid imagination. She is spunky and loud and I wouldn't have it any other way. She is loving and friendly. She is smart and confident and is a natural leader. I admire her in every way. Love you Brinley, don't ever change!
Happy Birthday!
4 comments:
How sweet. I'm so sorry about your cousin, but i am so glad you posted this. Time is short and precious. Savor every moment!
I'll post the pics I had from the party. You are welcome to copy any of them!
That was so sweet Dayna. I feel the same way with Lorelei. I don't want to repeat the last 4 yrs, but i just want to try and enjoy now. We all know how fast time goes. I hope that i can obsorb every moment with my kids. Brinley has changed so much from when we would have her in nursury. So grown up. So smart!
Brinley is the highlight of most conversations that go on in our house! We love that cute girl, especially for what a special friend she is to Aus. Happy Birhtday Girlie!
Beautiful pics of Brinley. She's so pretty. We missed you guys this weekend but it was good to see your mom and Amber. Love you.
Post a Comment