For Mother's Day Weekend, we went down with some friends to Del Mar and the moms ran the IronGirl race. It was so much fun. Jenie and I ran the 10K and Shannan, a new runner, and Karley, who just had a baby SIX weeks prior ran the 5K. It was so fun. I know I said that already, but it was...so...fun. We drove up Friday night and had dinner and the kids swam in the pool. Saturday morning was the race. It was more hilly and warmer than we thought but it was so cool. About 3000 women and girls ran. It was a great feeling. I was so glad to do it with friends.
We went to La Jolla Beach after and it was so relaxing and fun. Then we went out to eat at Chilis and the kids had some more pool time. It was definitely a day that I will always remember in my top ten, for sure. It was a great Mother's Day present.
On actual Mother's Day, we took Dean to his car at the Ensign facility in Redlands and said good bye. He went to UT for a week. So that was kind of a bummer. I stopped at a park there so the kids could stretch their legs before the drive home. Brinley fell asleep just before we arrived home so I was able to put her into bed and take a Mother's Day nap myself. Bonus! I'll say it again, the weekend was so fun and I can't wait to do it again next year hopefully with even more friends!
Disney World 2017
9 years ago



2 comments:
I have got to run that race next year especially for those sweet medals. How cool are those? You guys look great. I love the picture of you and Jenie where you guys must be waving to your children on the sidelines. So cute. What a fun time and yes, you are the #1 mom!
Sounds like so much fun (except for that whole running part) It seems like everybody but me is running these days. I'm just not cool like you guys, I guess. Can I come next time just to hang out with you fun ladies? I can make a good cheerleader. :-)
Post a Comment