Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Faces

The face only a mother could love...
the face of hard work...
the face that a mother hates to see...
We had a interesting Valentine's Day Weekend. For some reason, I decided that Dean and I would go out for Valentine's Day on Thursday night since it was a 4-day weekend for the kids. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and saw the movie "Taken." It was a lot of fun. It is a good thing too, because at lunch with Dad the next day, Drew would not eat his pizza! I should have known at that time something was wrong. He started throwing up that evening after buying flowers for me and Danielle with Dad, and continued throughout the night. Poor guy. Even the heart-shaped blueberry muffins I made him in the morning (his favorite) were eaten by a willing mouth, but rejected by an not-in-the-mood-to-celebrate stomach. So, the girls and I went out shopping for Valentine's Day, Brinley loves to go to the "mock," which is what she calls the mall. Danielle was excited too. She pulled some weeds that day to earn money to buy birthday gifts for me and Brinley. She has made all my Valentine's Days sweet for ten years. I love my family and my sweet husband who I somehow was lucky enough to still have a Valentine's Day date with. I love it when things like that just work out.

4 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Oh you poor thing! There is nothing worse than having the stomach flu, except being the mom of the kids with the stomach flu and having to clean up the mess! Yuck.

That is funny, because we did the exact same date for valentines day - Cheesecake Factory and Taken, only we did it on Valentine's Day proper. So it was almost like a double date, only not.

Jenie said...

I guess it's a good thing we didn't go play yesterday....Avery is still sick too, but not the stomach kind. I'm so sorry for you and for Drew. I'm also sorry I'm not the kind of mom who makes heart-shaped blueberry muffins. How cute! I'm glad you got your date...and glad you and the girls got to go to the "mock". Hope Drew is feeling better!

Amy H. said...

You know, the same type of puking thing was going around in FL on Valentine's. POOR KID!

I love that Danielle is weeding for some extra money. That's my most favorite you-want-extra-money-this-is-how-you-get-it chore! And my kids' least favorite. :)

I miss you...

Amy H. said...

You know, the same type of puking thing was going around in FL on Valentine's. POOR KID!

I love that Danielle is weeding for some extra money. That's my most favorite you-want-extra-money-this-is-how-you-get-it chore! And my kids' least favorite. :)

I miss you...

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California