Sunday, September 6, 2009

Last Days of Summer

Here are some fun days that we had the last half of the summer:
Luckily Brinley has an amazing older sister, who saw the photo opportunities with this "make-up exploration" and not the mess that would have to be cleaned up.

We spent a lot of time on the trampoline this summer, surprisingly. The kids and their friends would get the tramp wet with the hose and jump over the spray of water. Or jump and make the standing water splash up. They loved it and it seemed to be a good way to cool off. Drew also re-visited his back flip this summer.

Also, #4 and Drew had some wrestling matches on the tramp.


Here's Brinley watching the fun. Here's Drew and Ty feeling manly after their match.
The kids did a lot of "summer party sleep overs" this summer. Especially Danielle and Brinley. They would get out the blankets and put in a movie and sleep on the floor that night. Danielle and Brinley did it a lot in Danielle's room. Brinley figured out that she did not like being downstairs all alone any more and so now she sleeps in Danielle's room at night on her trundle. It acutally works out pretty well. Her room is still downstairs and she still takes her naps in there. In this picture, the kids were watching "I Survived a Japanese Game Show." Another favorite this summer was "Wipeout."We got a annual pass to Knott's Soak City this summer. The kids loved it. Brinley was happy on the one baby slide and being in the shallow end of the wave pool at first. Dean finally got her to go on a bigger slide at one of our last visits. We all loved the slides. Drew, Dean and I especially liked the yellow and dark pink one.


Drew and Dean both went on the steep, steep one. Drew went on it several times in fact. One of our times there, he went on it 5 times in a row so that Dean could get the best video. The lifeguard could not believe it and asked how old Drew was.

Dean took the kids golfing this summer a few times. The kids still like to golf and are having fun practicing their new interest.


Dean had some of the guys over with their kids to watch one of the UFC fights this summer. It was fun for the kids and fun for Drew and Dean to up tick the testosterone a little since most days they are outnumbered :)
We spent a lot of time with the Deans this summer. We love having them close and the older girls had several sleep overs. Here are some pictures of the other kiddos, their responsible parents are probably playing cards :)
I am not really sure what to say about this picture except RANDOM. Is she getting ready for a local rave for three-year-olds? I don't know.
This I can explain: The girls in our house have a bit of a peanut butter obsession and have been known to dip a spoon in the jar, take a big chunk, and indulge.We had a great summer. I was sad that it was over and was a little mournful that school was starting and it would be back to the rat race. Although, towards the end of the summer they were digging out old Gamecube games that had been left over from Uncle Scott which were banned, and I thought still were? They also came up with this game during commercials on TV where they raced each other to see who knew what product the commercial was for first. By the end of the summer, they would basically scream out over each other after only half a second. So, I guess it was time.

8 comments:

Amy H. said...

What a fun summer! I was digging Brinley's rave look. Like you, I was sad summer was over. But I figured if the kids never got an education, they wouldn't be nearly as much fun to hang out with next summer when I had to read them the McDonald's menu board and stuff. :)

Jenie said...

I absolutely love that picture of Avery and Brinley! It was a super summer. Last night, I had a dream about going to Knott's Soak City. But, instead of driving the however many minutes it takes to get there, it was in my backyard. Wouldn't it be nice just to walk outside your back door and you're there? I don't know what that was about either. It was a very random dream.

Jenie said...

Oh, and that last comment was from me, Bailey. Sorry! I need to get my own google account!
Bailey

Amy H. said...

Dayners - I just watched Mall Cop and Glee and you are practically twinners with Jayma Mays. Do you hear that all the time? How great to look like you!

Amy H. said...

Oh - I meant to say - I think Jayma Mays is completely adorable in every way. It would rock to look like her.

And that is my last comment for now on this here blog. Promise!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Great pictures of a great summer! Good times.

Shannan said...

We loved watching WipeOut this summer, too! The girls think it is the funniest show they have ever seen. And I have always wanted to go to Soak City. Are you glad you got a summer pass? Maybe I should look into that. And I have to say that Malia is constantly asking me for peanut butter on a spoon! Too funny.

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Such fun pics!! Little Brinley reminds me so much of Maren. I think they look a little bit alike with their beautiful red hair.

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California