Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween Festivities

Our Halloween festivities really began a few weeks back when we went to the San Diego State game. On the way down we stopped at a farm half way there for a pumpkin festival. We met the Terry family there. It was hot, but fun.



Austin and Brinley

Eat my dust!


Below are some pictures of Brinley's scary Halloween haircut. She told me after that she was "making herself pretty." So, with no time in the week to correct it, she had a bit of a scary haircut to go with her Cinderella costume.

Carving pumpkins! We actually made time to do that this year. The tradition is that I try to cook the pumpkin seeds and then I burn them. But they did not burn this time, so I guess that tradition is ended. What will we do? We have so little traditions as it is! the other tradition is that I make something from the pumpkin meat. This year it was pumpkin bread. It must have been okay because everyone ate it.

The pictures below here are of the Boo Bash at the school on Friday night before Halloween.
Indy, Molly, Danielle and Bailey. This is Danielle's little group of friends at school.


"Binny and Avey"
Halloween night we went to the church for a Trunk or Treat. After we came back to the neighborhood and trick-or-treated with the Slaughter Family and met some new neighbors along the way. We stopped by the Deans and took more pictures. Danielle and Bailey had matching costumes this year. They were supposed to be gangsters from the 1920's but they were so cute, it's hard to believe. They had the idea of switching their converse to have one pink and one black. It turned out super cute. The kids had a blast trick-or-treating, especially Drew, "D" is his best friend here.

3 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I like your burned pumpkin seed tradition. Good one. Sadly, our Halloween tradition these last few years has been to NOT carve a jack-o-lantern because we don't have time. Oh the memories!

Rachel said...

So fun to see your kids. I want to see you and Dean in your costumes! ha ha! :)

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Love all the pictures, especially the cute pumpkin pictures! Your kids are so cute!!

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California