Monday, May 3, 2010

Um, we're having some issues...

Early last week, Dean came home from work and asked what happened to the blinds in our bathroom. I was close to there and inspected. I saw this:

My memory recalls an incident that morning when Brinley asked if she could pull up the blinds as I was getting out of the shower.  I told her no.  I felt, and still do feel, that the denial was necessary to spare our neighbors that kind of angst.  No idea when she cut them but before me were cut string in 5 places.
After reporting my finding, Dean's next words were so true: "That deserves a spanking." "Uh, ya it does," I reply. Instead she ended up in a long time out, during which she fell asleep and Dean mowed the lawn. Afterwards, he said that we shouldn't spank her because she was honest with us when we questioned her. Her reply to the question of what happened to the blinds was, "I cut them." Her reply to the next question of why? "I wanted to see out." Good thing her Dad is such a softie.

Two days later, I was upstairs and heard a loud wailing peppered with, "I'm sorry mommy." I told Brinley that spills can be cleaned up and it was okay. "Is it a bad spill?" I ask, as I come down the stairs. I follow Brinley to this:

IIIyaaa. Fun, know?
I have told her countless times to not touch the curtains in ANY room. So has Dean, countless times.  Not really sure what her war on any and all window treatments is all about.  I know I am over it though.  Seriously...OVER...it.

1 comment:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I feel your pain, girl!

Keep a running tab of what she destroys and one day, when she is rich, send her a bill.

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California