The kids hauled this alien looking creature out of the ocean. It really was crazy. Again my kids dug for these gross sand crabs. They loved it. Brinley would just laugh and laugh when the older kids would put them in her hands. Staci had to set me straight: in an earlier post, I called them night crawlers, which are worms, I guess. (Can you tell I'm a city girl?) I really didn't think they were crabs and I was trying to find another word. They move like beetles and are albino-clear-white almost. But they really are crabs. Thanks for helping me accept this fact Stace :)
That night we spent the night at Luke and Brenda's. It was so nice not to have to drive home and get to see Adelaide (is she cute or what?) Brenda and I stayed up and talked and the kids watched a movie. The next day we went to Del Mar Beach. I'm beginning to love this beach with the pretty grass up top, and the trees, and 15th street to walk down and explore. It was warmer and after this second day, we were all fried. But it was fun. Brenda and Adelaide joined us for a little bit, in between naps :) Drew pulled this huge thing of sea weed this day at Del Mar. He kept saying that there was things with 5 legs crawling all over inside it. The top was some hardened coral and there were. things. But I was trying to stay calm so as to not panic these two beach babes sunbathing near by. Upon closer inspection, I guessed that they were baby star fish. The beach babes came over were impressed with Drew's find. But we all agreed that Drew should drag it back into the water. Something about the baby starfish being dried out by the hot sun didn't feel right :)
That night we had dinner and then drove back. It was so great to get out of the heat. Thanks for having a birthday Raychel! And thanks again Luke and Brenda!




No comments:
Post a Comment