We invited my dad to come down for Father's Day this weekend. He came in Saturday and we all went to see Karate Kid and out to eat. The rest of the time we just hung out. The kids got to know him better and spend time with him. That was important to me. I am so glad he was able to come down. Since he slept in Drew's room, the kids had a "slumber party" out in the loft. Fun for all.

Dean gave a talk on Father's Day which meant it wasn't an especially relaxing weekend for him, but he was a good sport about it. I know that if I have never done anything else right, I found a great father for my kids. He loves them so much and they know it. I am so glad we are a family forever.
P.S. Don't you just love Brinley's scrape on her forehead that she acquired minutes before my dad arrived? Never fails, right?
Dean and Dayna
We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!
2 comments:
I'm sure you've done tons of wonderful things - not just picking a great spouse. But I will say - there is something that washes away pains of childhood and regrets and misunderstandings like seeing our spouse parent really well. (Not that you are in that boat, just my reflections...)
I love what you wrote about Dean. He is such a cute dad. Your children are just adorable and I love being with them in Primary. You guys are doing an awesome job!
Post a Comment