Yep, fifteen years. I am so grateful that Dean came into my life. In many ways, my life began when I got married. I know some people (like Oprah, who knows SO much about marriage and family) say that you lose your self when you get married or you won't find out who you are if you get married before you are 50. In my personal case, I can honestly say that much of the knowledge of who I am has come from the mirror that gets held up right to your face when you get married and then the microscope at 1000X magnification and huge interrogation light that shines on you when you have kids. Thanks Dean, for all of it. I know this is a stressful time right now, but there is no one I would rather do this life with than you. You really are meant for me. I love you.
We went out Friday and Saturday, ya double wammy, we know how to celebrate. The kids fed me breakfast in bed on Thurs, and Dean breakfast in bed on Fri (you have to get up pretty early to catch Dean in the morning these days). On Thurs, our actual anniversary, Danielle and Brinley presented us with gifts. Danielle had been working on hers all week, locked up in her room for a lot of the time. Brinley kind of came up with hers spur of the moment. And don't mind that Drew didn't give us anything, he is the most loving and cuddly of all and gives us reason to celebrate every day that we got hitched and linked DNA :)
Danielle's gift was extra special and really touched us both. Bailey was over and helped her wrap it and get it ready. We really don't deserve our kids. No, really.
Friday we went out to yogurt and Target. Saturday we went for a nice steak dinner and Ross. Like I said, we know how to celebrate. And I really mean it when I say it doesn't matter what we do, as long as I am with Dean, you know, for forever :)
Friday we went out to yogurt and Target. Saturday we went for a nice steak dinner and Ross. Like I said, we know how to celebrate. And I really mean it when I say it doesn't matter what we do, as long as I am with Dean, you know, for forever :)
6 comments:
Congratulations!
I completely agree about marriage and finding out who you really are.
That temple sampler is precious! Those kids from the kids are always the best.
That is huge. You have doubled us. I love the temple pic too. You must keep it.
Wow! Congratulations, you two. Spencer and I are right behind you. 10 years in August! I am so amazed at how thoughtful Danielle is! Super cute!
We celebrated our 27th just one day after yours. Congratulations.
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am really happy that you found Dean and had 3 great kids, Dayna...really. And maybe 2 other girls who insanely love you!!! (Me and Brit) :)
Love you so much - don't want you to move.
Bailey
What a wonderful post. Marriage makes you realize what you're made of, for sure and it helps you grow and change in good ways. (You hope. he he he)
Post a Comment