One day during Dean's week off between jobs, he and the kids found a few critters in the back yard.
Brinley pointed to the big lizard and they did everything to try and catch him, but he was too fast. Then they spotted this little guy and were able to catch him.
Then Dean put the praying mantis and the lizard in a bowl together to see if they would fight. Eeya, that's how we roll over here.
One of the major past times this summer during down time was playing with barbies. I don't mean the typical ways though, in Drew's defense. The main activity was barbie bungee jumping. Ya, that's right, barbie bungee jumping, it's pretty common, right? The kids would string Brinley's barbies from the balcony by their head with yarn and send them sailing and they would bounce back. I really didn't know yarn could be so, so, bungee-y.
One day after Brinley's Cinderella head popped off, I made everyone get their target gift cards that they were saving and they bought some other things to entertain themselves. The main thing being Drew's choice, Lego Harry Potter 1-4 video game (he always has the most money). That has been a favorite past time this summer too.
One day Dean and I came back from furniture shopping to replace the ripped couches in the family room. We found that Danielle had done a great job playing with the kids while babysitting, everyone was involved...
Yes, everyone had a house where their barbies lived. They could visit the mall and exchange money for goods. It was quite the elaborate set-up. You'll notice Drew's house lacks a certain flair, if you will. But they did have a private jet for their family vehicle, so I don't think they had it too bad.
I am sure sad summer is over. It was a good one. I still have catching up to do, so there will be more summer posts coming.
Disney World 2017
9 years ago




2 comments:
I am so sad summer is over too.. but ready for fall! Love your pictures.
How fun. I wish we had some barbies around here to play with. I loved my Barbies when I was a kid. I guess we could play house with the G I Joes. Maybe not, but we certainly can bungee jump them, right?
Post a Comment