Monday, November 1, 2010

Brinley's First Day of School

Brinley's first day for pre-school happened the week we were gone in Lake Powell. Jenie took these pictures of her when she took car pool. I am so grateful for awesome friends for me and good friends for my kids that translate into great carpools and fun memories.
Brinley's teacher is "Teacher Robyn" as the kids call her and Brinley loves her and loves school. She only goes twice a week but is learning so much.  She is trying to write everything these days and asks me what words that she sees say or mean. It is so fun to watch her learn and grow more every day, but a little sad too.
She definitely thinks she is the one in charge at school. She and Avery got into a little tiff at one point over the possession over Maverick's scissors. Apparently Brinley thought it was her duty to handle the situation and basically just made things worse. Both girls got their cards changed from green to red.  Gasp! Eventually they did turn back to green and they got some fun sea shells at the end of school like the other well-behaved kids.  It's funny because Avery came over to play that day and the girls didn't say a word about it.

Wish they could just stay young. The whole class is so cute, a great group.

2 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

She looked darling in her going to school outfit!! She's a beautiful little girl. :)

Mary Jane Smith said...

I know Robyn!!! She was in my ward! I love her. Tell her hello. Brinley is very lucky. I can't believe she's in school. Love you.

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California