Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lake Powell Trip - September 5th to 9th

We had the opportunity to go to Lake Powell with Dean's old friends from high school and their wives. It was super fun and we are so grateful to know amazing people like Cyn and Cam who watched the kids. It was a rough week: CO2 alarm went off, Drew got a major cough and mild stomach flu, Danielle got a major stomach flu. We are great friends, know? Anyway, we are so grateful, it was an amazing trip. It was so relaxing and needed. It took us 8 hours to drive there, but it was actually fun. Hello, 8 hours of uninterupted conversation?  First, here are some scenery shots.

It rained one day and everyone else, coming from Utah, was so disappointed.  Dean and I thought it was amazing.  There was an incredible rainbow that day.  It was awesome.  On the rainy day, the guys climbed half way up the cliffs behind us and pushed rocks over the edge.  Guess they never really grow up do they?

The girls?--Lots of playing cards and eating, and talking, and eating...But the rest of the days were sunny, perfect temperature and weather.  It was great.  Dean got to play the Mattssons' favorite Lake Powell activity: catching footballs from the waverunner!


Clint and Linda and Dean and I went on a waverunner ride and saw some amazing canyons and unbelievable rock.  I love Lake Powell's scenery, there's no place like it.  We forgot our camera, but Clint sent us these.  It doesn't do what we saw justice, but no matter what, you would still have to be there to get the full effect.  Every morning I would wake up and look around and just marvel at how beautiful our spot was.  Every night Dean and I slept out on the deck on the warmer nights and just lay looking at millions of stars, almost 3-dimensional looking.  The trip was full of lasting memories of good times with friends and amazing images.  Thanks JD and Sarah!

1 comment:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Oh man, that looks so fun!! I am super jealous, haven't been to Lake Powell in years!

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California