Wednesday, December 24, 2008

School is out! Waiting for Christmas...




Monday we went to see Santa at the mall. The kids put there wishlists in Santa's special red mailbox. Brinley's was just scribbles. Drew asked for a motorcycle, a PSP, and a PS3, not much right? He said the rest could be a surprise. Danielle asked for a blue motorized scooter, and another webkins. She wanted a PSP but felt bad asking for that because Dad told her they are expensive. I guess there is a limit to Santa's funds in Danielle's mind. She also said to make the rest a surprise. We were in the car that night making deliveries, and Danielle asked, "Mom, have you always believed in Santa?" Mom: "Yes, I have." Dad to Danielle: "Have you?" Danielle: "Yes, but there are some kids at school that have NO relationship with Santa." Mom: "Yes, it is sad when people stop believing." I never do this, but I bought the picture they took at the mall. they pretty much make it impossible to take a decent picture yourself anyway. I think it was my futile attempt at freezing them in time right where they are now, while they all still have a "relationship" with Santa. We love our kids so much and it is a fun time of life right now, watching them.Last night, Danielle wanted to give me a pedicure. So, while I was mending a Christmas decoration which I thought Drew had broken until Dean admitted to it, she did my toes. She did a great job. Then I did Danielle's toes and Danielle did Brinley's toes. So our toes are ready for Santa! Drew fell asleep and Dad watched the Poinsetta bowl. I think Danielle did a great job. Thank goodness my kids did not inherit my ugly toes! After everyone was asleep, I did something that I never do, I stayed up and watched an entire movie, "Miss Potter." I loved it. I guess that was my present to me.

1 comment:

Risenmay said...

I love those pictures! That one of Santa needs to be an ornament for your tree! We saw Danielle and Drew riding down our street with the scooter and other cool riding toy! So cool!

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California