Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Vegas Trip



So, this past weekend we took our third annual trip up to the Vegas Bowl with Carl and Marty. This time all of Dean's brothers were there as well, so it was fun to see them and their cute wives. Friday night we ate at the Luxor buffet and then saw the Criss Angel "Believe" show there. It was pretty cool, we were on the third row, and I still couldn't figure out how he did any of his tricks. The next day we went to this awesome mall, (think Gateway in Salt Lake City only bigger). The deals were incredible, I guess that is one good thing about the economy going south! I miss being close to a decent mall, so I was in heaven. Ann Taylor Loft was having a buy one, get one free sale. I seriously don't know why I shop anywhere else, at least for tops and skirts anyway. I love that store! We all met for lunch at Brio and got to see Scott and Tina's kids. I got to hold Carson who is 1 now. I feel like I have missed his whole life! He is so cute and reminds me so much of Drew at that age, so sweet and calm. Allysson is darling and it was fun to talk to her and hear her 4 year old philosophies. Then, it was time to go to the game. Well, I won't say much except that I was not cold this year, I made sure of that! I had fun sitting with Marc and Ra'Chelle. Brian and I had an interesting encounter with Arizona fans while waiting for hot chocolate. We left the game early and Dean and I went to see the 9:20 showing at the Orleans of "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith. I pretty much like everything Will Smith is in, he is one of my favorite actors. So, take it with a grain of salt when I say, I really liked it. Any movie that can keep Dean awake past his bed time, has to be above average. So, we ended that night on a good note. Honestly, the best part of the trip was the drive there and back! Dean and I created lasting memories. Seriously, when do we ever have 4+ hours together to talk uninterrupted? I am surprised we remembered how to have a conversation for longer than 5 minutes! We even had time to stop and take a picture at the infamous "shoe tree." It is on the back road "short cut" between us and Vegas. I mentioned that I didn't remember the drive the year before. Dean reminded me that I slept the whole time.....Oops! All in all, a fun trip. We are looking forward to next year, hopefully it will be a win for the cougars next time. Thank you Cynthia and Cameron for watching the kids! Hopefully little Cannon is not traumatized from being at our loud house for a weekend.

2 comments:

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Ann Taylor is my absolute favorite too, but for a different reason than yours. Her stuff fits tall people so nicely. Classy too.

How nice to have a few hours of talking time together. It all starts coming back to you - why you got together in the first place - when you can converse without kids interrupting.

Ang said...

Dayna, That tree is so dang awesome!! I have never heard of it before. Yes time alone with out three little ones interrupting every sentence must have been heaven! (not that we don't love them, but its always nice to have that alone time) I'm so glad I found you again. I have always just loved knowing you!

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California