FRIDAY NIGHT: GILLIS FAMILY HERE TO VISIT
We were so glad to steal the Gillis family for an evening while they were here for their Spring Break. It was so fun to talk with them and see their kids. We definitely miss them and cherish their friendship.

Obviously I had to put in this picture of Brent wearing Drew's BYU jacket. I really did try to find him another one, Katie is my witness. But, I think it worked out nicely, don't you think? When I informed Brinley that Brent was coming over, she told me she could not play with him, only Drewbee could. When I asked her why, she said, "Cause I am a girl, I can't play with boys." She did however play very well with Brent. How can she resist a fellow red head when her mother couldn't? This is her princess dress covered with a sweatshirt. She puts this dress on almost every day.

SATURDAY MORNING: NEIGHBORHOOD EASTER EGG HUNT
This was the first time the community did this. There were a ton of people there and the kids had a blast. These first two pictures are of the boys, Will and Lee who live across the street from us, and Bella, who is Danielle's partner in her after-school Robotics class.


BUNNY HOP RACE


Later in the day on Saturday, Dean's brother Marc and his wife Ra'Chelle came into town for the weekend. We went to Red Robin for dinner and saw the movie "Race to Witch Mountain." It proved to be a milestone for Brinley, she sat through the whole movie on her own chair and did not get up once. She was excited to prove to us that she is a big girl and we are really excited because our family loves movies and now we can all go! When we came home Dean and the kids showed Marc and Ra'Chelle how they had progressed on their pull-ups. Marc gave each of the kids "pull-up money" for doing so well.
EASTER SUNDAY
Following the Easter bunny stuff, we had an Easter breakfast, but not before Brinley stole a Rolo from her Easter basket. Our children share our same weakness for chocolate and caramel together.





After church, I took this picture of the kids. But first, I decided life was not exciting enough and ran the side of the car into the garage. Ya, Happy Easter.

Easter Sunday evening we just enjoyed playing a new game outside that the kids got from the Easter Bunny. Later that night, we opened the 1000 piece puzzle the Easter Bunny brought Danielle and Drew and started working on it with Marc and Ra'Chelle and just talked. Dad and Brinley went to bed, but the rest of us just wanted to spend a little more time. On Monday morning Marc and Ra'Chelle left. We had a great Easter Weekend and a great visit with them. They were so awesome with the kids. It was such a treat for all of us. Oh how we miss family!
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great Easter weekend. Bummer about the car, though!
Hey Dayners! I love seeing all the pics of your fun fam!
And I don't know if this will scare you or freak you out - or you can decide to find it charming.....but I think you and I have the same kitchen cabinets, and Brinley and Annie have the same flip flops...and possibly we have the same blanket (one behind Brinley in a picture.)
Since we couldn't be much farther apart across the country, I'm thinking that is pretty dang WILD! Now, if you tell me your husband made you turn a formal dining room into a pool table room, too - I'm going to freak out! (And FWIW - I'm not going through every inch of your pictures spying on you. My girls and I were looking together and they were finding our many matches. Too many I Spy books, I suspect!)
CUTE CUTE CUTE PICS!
Post a Comment