Thursday, October 8, 2009

Brinley News

A lot has been happening to the Binster lately. First, she started pre-school, and loves it! Her teacher is Miss Karley. Brinley feels very grown up and takes her "homework" very seriously. Here are some pictures from the first few days:First Day of Itsy Bitsy Pre-school started with breakfast of a blueberry bagel with strawberry cream cheese. She had to wear red the first day because that was the color of the week.

For her show and tell she took a red purse filled with all her rings that she likes to wear. Mom was lame and did not get her a cute backpack in time for her first day. She is wearing a Danielle hand-me-down. But it was pink so we were saved. The picture below is her and her teacher, Miss Karley, who lives just around the corner!
A few days later I got it together and got her this cute one. She loved it immediately. The Disney princesses are totally what she is into now. Her favorite movie is Cinderella. She will be her for Halloween. At first she insisted on having a water bottle in her back pack on the side like Danielle and Drew do for school. Then one day the water bottle leaked, and her folder got wet. That put an end to the water bottle fettish.
This was the week she was "star of the week." She loved it!


The next big event was that she and I went to Disneyland just the two of us! Dean took the older two kids to the BYU vs FSU game (let's not talk about it) in UT so Brinley and I took our opportunity to go, just us. We had so much fun! It has been so long since I went to Disneyland and really had to seek out the characters again and go on all the little kids rides. Brinley loved it! She was so good in line while waiting an hour to see 3 princesses. It was so worth it though because she really believed that Belle, Cinderella, and Mulan were REAL. I miss these days with Danielle and Drew. She loved the Buzz Lightyear ride the best. She liked the Winnie the Pooh ride and Autopia too. It was a great day.
Taking a break...

This was the Toy Story ride. It is so cute. I think that was my favorite!

Ofcourse we had to ride both of the carousels. Did we seriously come to Disneyland to ride Merry-Go-Rounds? I guess that is what mom gets when she is not willing to wait for any of the other rides with 45 minute waits! Poor Brinley...
Brinley loves to play all the mini games on the Super Mario Brothers game for Danielle's DS. She knows how to play most of them pretty good. She loves them even more when she plays them well. She has been spending a lot of time doing this lately.
A past time that Brinley is particularly fond of is painting and drawing. She expects all her artwork to be displayed and freaks at the suggestion that maybe its time to throw away some. So, we are kind of running out of room. Here is a sampling:In case you were wondering, most of these are refered to as "rivers." Here is one she put on Dean's pillow to "scare" him.In case you are wondering some more, this is a picture of a "monkey pooping." Ya...so...anyway, if you know Dean, you know that nothing would scare him more than a monkey pooping on his pillow.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That last picture and explanation is just TOO FUNNY!!
I would love to do a one on one day at Disney with Em or Jake... Spencer isn't really into the magic of it all any more... he loves the rides, but just wants to run from spot to spot. Doesn't really care about the details... which is what I love about it all :)

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California