Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April Fools recount

I forgot to mention on April fools about the oldest trick in the book that happened at our house. Thursday morning, I was rushing around trying to get out the door early to help with the book fair at school. I ran over to the sink to get some water and wham! I was sprayed right across the left side of my face and down my left side. Yes, Danielle had put a rubber band on the sprayer. I think Jenie put that idea into her head when she told us about how she did the same trick to her parents :)
So, after seeing that I was soaked and our entire kitchen was soaked, I tried really hard not to get mad and somehow succeeded. I changed my clothes and we arrived at the school 10 minutes later than we were supposed to. But, my kids were happy. Danielle also wanted me to leave the rubber band on so she could get Dad too. Well, I forgot after a long day at the school and in the car and got sprayed again, had to change again, and had to dry off the whole kitchen again. I still left the rubber band on and whenever I needed water I improvised. Finally, Dean was sprayed after dinner. Dean made the kids so paranoid that he was going to get them back before the day was done. He never did, but I guess that was kind of the point. Drew also had taken all the batteries out of the Wii remotes and wanted us all to "play" super mario bros (which has become a family fave) just to find out that all the remotes were dead. But, mom and dad ruined it when we said we were too tired for any more jokes or activities. Drew ended up cleaning honey off our toilet seat when he realized we were serious. He was sad, but it was a fun day. So we have a rest until next year. This is probably our first April Fools Day where it really affected my day, and really wore me out!

2 comments:

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Hilarious!!! You guys are so fun.

Jenie said...

I'm sorry but I'm still laughing! :) Way to go Danielle! I miss that trick and we no longer have a sprayer so I'll just have to laugh with Danielle because I still think that is the best April Fool's trick EVER. I got my parents every year! That's the beauty of it....you'll forget by next week so it works every year. :) I'm glad you posted it for all of us who weren't creative enough to do anything fun for April Fool's Day!!

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California