Soooooo....we went! The kids were so excited. First we went to the field of flowers in Carlsbad. It was gorgeous! There were stations where the kids had to find and stamp different parts of this pamphlet they were given. Brinley missed some and at the end of our time there, pointed out her blank spots. She was a good sport when we suggested she just stamp those with the same stamp from the station we were located at the time. She was not fooled. I felt like she was being such a good sport, that I had Danielle run and get her one more stamp that she didn't have while the rest of us made our way out. What a great sister! There was a maze that I think was Drew's favorite part. He was determined to get through it without any of the girls' help, especially Danielle. Notice he did not worry about me helping, he knew I was lost the whole time. As you can see, even Santa vacations there.

After the flower fields, we went to Oceanside Beach and ate at Ruby's Diner on the pier. Then we spent a few hours on the beach, which I don't have pictures of, but will hopefully borrow some from Staci soon!
After a long day, we stopped at Staci's friends' house in San Marcos for the night. They were out of town and kindly offered a place to stay. We had to stop at the neighborhood pool and hot tub first though because I guess we weren't watered down enough yet?
A board room...some were not so happy that they did not get a seat at the important table...
Okaa-aay...I guess it is time to take the kids to the play room. They loved it and the rest of us enjoyed looking around. The next thing kind of happened by accident. Isn't that how the best things sometimes happen though? We were looking for La Jolla beach because the kids wanted to go to the beach again, and we ended up at La Jolla cove and saw this:
It was so cool! We loved it, and walked all the way out on the pier and saw the huge waves come in. It was great. But the kids still wanted to go to the beach. I pretty much ruled it out. It was cold and I was tired. Drew claimed it was not cold, so I told him to take off his jacket and give it to me then. Big mistake. So, he looked like this:
And the weather looked like this (I did not adjust the lighting):
The kids finally found what I guess was a sliver of a beach right by the cove. Convenient, eh? So Staci and I relented. And while they did this:
And less like this:
But we must not have been too tired, because on the way home we stopped at Chili's! We don't have one where we are and we miss it! So, we ate dinner like at 8:30 at night. It was such a fun trip, the driving wasn't that bad at all and the kids were able to chat between the cars with their DSs. Staci brought walkie talkies for us, which was a lifesaver! It was so fun and we are so glad we went on this last minute vacay!



6 comments:
That is awesome. I love Oceanside. The beach at Oceanside harbor is my favorite anywhere. I love those flower fields too. Aren't they amazing? And I went to college in La Jolla, and spent a lot of time with my nose in books on that beach. hilarious about Drew and his jacket. You are so funny. I'm glad you got to have such a fun getaway!
I'm so glad you guys had such a great time! I love all the pictures that really capture the fun you look like you were having!
Looks like you had a fantastic time! I wish I was a little braver... I have a hard time taking the kids places like that by myself...
Man, you sure packed a lot into your two day spur of the moment vacation. It looks like you had a great time, and too bad we were off just a day and couldn't hook up with you. Although, I don't know if we could have kept up! :)
Looks like you guys had such a great time! I'm so glad you went and those last-minute things usually turn out to be the best!
Love all your pictures!! Your spring break sounds divine. Those flowers were beautiful!!
Post a Comment