Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Caving In

So, Danielle's quest for a phone started back in February, actually she has been asking us for the last two years, but hard core since February. She started first by taking a survey of all her classmates who had a phone and presented me with a list. My friend Lynne looks at it and says, that's a petition! Then she said that she will save her money and pay for it herself. She did. Every time she asked us which was pretty much every day, we would say, no, we said 12. Or Dean's favorite was, "Don't you feel special though? Being the only one without a phone?" I don't think it was appreciated by Danielle, but I thought it was funny. I would tease her and tell her that she would just get my Razor that I have been carrying with pride for the last 4 years when we finally did give in. Even Drew chimed in for this one: "Mom, I am sorry but I have to stand up for Danielle here, your phone is SOOO LAME! You cannot give her that phone." (I got a new phone too, by the way so I guess Drew sleeps better at night now).
I felt so bad that we are moving her again, that I was the first to give in about 2 months ago. I said that if she paid for it until she turned 12 in November, she could get one. So then it was about convincing Dad. Well, he had to do research and find the best deal of course. This took a while. But Danielle finally got her phone the night before we went to the California ScienCenter. I am excited that she will be able to keep in contact with her friends after we move, especially since I am not okay with her having a facebook page yet. (Wonder when that campaign will start?) She squealed with delight when she saw it on her pillow, she was in heaven. She thanked Dean and he said, don't thank me, I am transferring the money from your account tonight. Ha ha. She didn't care, she got her phone.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That is too funny. What a big milestone! I know I will feel the same as you guys when that day comes-put it off as long as possible. It's hard to watch your babies grow up!

Amy H. said...

Oh - I love that story. The cell phone wars are hard ones to fight when everyone else has one. I feel your pain.

And where are you moving? To FL? COME HOME! (OK, it probably never felt like "home" to you, but whenever I pass Rollins I think of y'all.)

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California