Fifth grade here means fifth grade promotion at the end of the year. So, there was some ceremony with a slideshow of baby pictures at the end. I got teary-eyed a few times. Danielle felt so safe this year and last year. I don't want it to end.
Principal M. is retiring after this year. He has been their principal for the last four years, starting with the school's first year. So, it was kind of the end of an era for him too.
Drew had an amazing year with an amazing teacher as well. I know, right? I think that is why it was hard to see this year end. Mrs. H. had a little award ceremony of her own in her room for her class. Drew got the computer expert award. I guess any time anyone got stuck on the computer, Drew helped them, including Mrs. H. Drew had such a cute class of kids. For kindergarten, first grade, and second grade, the teachers would say what a great group of kids. We are grateful that we were able to spend the last three years with this group of kids and these parents. I have to apologize for Drew's hair in these pictures. We try to do a faux hawk all the time and it is usually done by 10am after first recess. But no, today it stayed.
The cute girl here is McKenna, Drew's kinder girlfriend (and still his friend). Drew and Danielle helped Miss Liberty sell snow cones for Robotics throughout the year. Each robotics student took turns. Drew is helping here on the last day of school. Talk about dedication! Well, he does get a free snow cone for helping :)
And finally, you know how all the Mercer Meyer children's books have that little mouse hidden somewhere on every page? I thought of that mouse when I reviewed these pictures. Don't know if you have noticed yet, but Brinley managed to squeeze into almost every. single. picture. Love her for it though!
Here is our family (minus Drew) at the 5th grade promotion.
And here is our family a few hours later on the way up to Big Bear! Dean took the day off and we headed up after we got the kids home and the car packed. It was our ward camp out. More pictures next post.



1 comment:
I loved those pictures of Drew - so handsome! And I cannot believe Danielle is leaving elementary school. That is seriously crazy!!
Post a Comment