You know the latest version of the movie, the Grinch Stole Christmas? Well, I basically have it memorized because Brinley was watching it every day for like 6 months around the time we moved here. Now there's a touchy subject moving...hmmmm...
You know the part in the aforementioned movie when the Grinch is deciding to go to the town party or not? Well I will quote it verbatim for you in case your child at 2 years old did not watch this movie for 6 months daily. (I'm so excited to click on that quotation button at the top menu when you are editing a post, never had occasion to use it before):
"Alright, I'm going! Wait! What if it's a trick...Alright I'm not going...wait. no. yes. no. yes. Definitely not. Alright I have made my decision, I'm going! And that's that! Ha! Had my fingers crossed."
You get the idea. (By the way, not super impressed with the quotation button. That's it? They should change it to a button that does something cool). So, I know everyone who reads this (all two people) like have a LIFE and have not been following our moving saga too closely but just in case you are wondering: We are not moving to Utah anymore. Dean took a job with a company called Atria, and will be an Executive Director for an assisted living center just down the street from our current church building. No really. No, FOR REAL. No crossies count :)
We feel really good about our decision. Definitely at peace, we are so glad to know now and be settled. Which means I am instantly starting to think of everything I want to get and do to the house. But Brinley has her own ideas...
Those marks ALL OVER the wall? Ya, those are FOR REAL too. Those stupid banana chairs that the kids like to rock back and forth and bang against the wall with? Ya, those are the FIRST to go.

7 comments:
I HAVE been closely monitoring your life and all I can say is WOOOO-HOOOOO!!!! We can't say that loud enough....so excited for many more great memories! So glad you're staying and we're glad it's a good thing for you! I've been selfishly wanting that all along...is that wrong? :) We love you!!
Dayna, i'm so happy for you and your family. Congrats on the new job:) Glad that we can be neighbors for a little longer:)
I'm glad you've got a new job!! And hey... you'll be glad you're in the desert when December rolls around :)
Congrats--we couldn't hope to keep a better family around!
YAY that things are all working out so well for you!!!! Now, why can't our husbands manage to score jobs where they can travel with their families for free so we could visit?
I am so happy you are staying...and I am sure Sawyer is pretty pleased to keep Brinley around too.
I am so happy for you guys. This sounds like a really great thing for Dean. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment