Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Utah Week - August

We left for Utah on a Sunday and were able to stay at Micah's parents house that night in St George. It was so nice of his parents. Micah and Katie met us there late that night with Anna. Here is a picture of the girls the next morning after the Lewis' had fixed pancakes.
We left the next morning and caravaned to Utah County.  It was so nice for me, because I didn't have to think, I just followed Micah and Katie :)  After getting to my sister Amber's we met up with Katie's family that night up the canyon.  I love that you can get away so easily in Utah.
Tuesday morning we got up and went to see my dearest and oldest (not age, just time) friend, Sonni, who lives in Lehi. I love her so much, I don't know what I would do without her. She got out all our pictures from BYU and we told stories to the kids. We always talked about the day that we would hang out with our kids. It was so fun to see her and I am excited she moved to Utah this spring because now I know I will see her at least once a year. Next we went to see Danielle's oldest friend (in time) in Holladay. They have known each other since they were two, and it was great to watch her and Laura hang out again. Bonus: I love her mom Michele and it was great to catch up with her too. Then we headed up to Nana's house in Farmington and had dinner with my brother Alex and his kids.
Wednesday night we hung out at Grandma and Grandpa's house, Nana came along.  We had dinner and played golf, our favorite card game.  The kids got to spend time with their cousins who live in Farr West.
Thursday morning we got up and drove to Park City to stay at the Homestead with Amber's family.  We started out the trip by renting some ATVs and exploring some of the trails.  We were so ready!


We drove up to this view!  We did notice the clouds but thought it would pass over...


Ya, not so much.  We got out to make sandwiches and it went form sprinkle to down pour pretty quick!  We all jumped into the only vehicle we had with a roof.  It will pass over soon, right?
 
Wrong!  We ended up hanging out in the restrooms for about an hour.  We were chilly but the kids found ways to pass the time.  When I look at the pictures now, I can't help but smile :)  Paul did Star Wars raps for us.  They were hilarious.  Go to atom.com and see.

The way home was rough.  We said a prayer and when the rain let up a little, we went.  It did stop raining about 5 minutes after we left, which was good.  We realized quickly that we were so blessed that we waited.  We saw a lot of this on the way home.


We never saw this on the way up the trail, but we saw this about three times on the way home.  It was crazy!  My sister Katie was texting me on the way back and I was trying to text her back while wiping the mud splashes off my phone from the deep puddles.  The kids were cold and Amber and I kept laughing.  But some how Brinley fell asleep on the way back.

We made it.  We were exhausted but had an adventure we'll never forget.  Clearing trees along the way...
We came home and the kids swam and went into the sauna to get warm!  After a good night's rest, we went to the Park City mountain resort.  A mountain slide, a mountain roller coaster, and all kinds of other activities.  Katie and her girls joined us.  It was a beautiful day.

The next day, we went to Ogden, and after lunch with Grandma, celebrated Drew and Uncle Marc's birthday at Toad's. It is a place we went last year that has everything you can think of: laser tag, go karts, you name it!  The kids had a blast. Drew won 200 tickets!
The next day we headed home. We went to Apple Valley Ward for church and saw all our dear friends there. We love going there and remembering. We made it to Las Vegas that night. It was a roller coaster ride of a trip but I am glad we did it.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like an awesome trip! That lake near Park City is gorgeous. I saw you guys at church and tried to say hello before I had to hurry off to my calling, but you were swamped! :( It was good to see you though. You all look like you're doing very well!

Katie Gillis said...

Oh, those pictures make me miss Park City, I love it there in the summer! I'm so glad I can catch up with your cute family on your blog. You are so good to keep up with it. You guys are adorable! I hope you guys are doing well!

Dean and Dayna

We've been married for 14 years and have 3 wonderful kids!

I got it...

I got it...
Ball with dad on an amazing Sunday afternoon!

Perfect form...

Perfect form...
A little after church ball with dad...

Static Electricity...

Static Electricity...

Airborne...

Airborne...
2 inch vertical!!!!!!!!!!!

Back yard fun

Back yard fun

Disneyland

Disneyland
The benefits of living in California